I have updated the Submission Guidelines and added:
4. Links must point to http://bigblogdir.blogspot.com
5. Links should be in the sidebar, footer, or designated links page - not buried in a post.
This is standard procedure for reciprocal links. #4 ensures that traffic comes to the most important and useful part of this blog. Links to each listed blog are done the same way. #5 is about visibility and fairness. Put the BBD link on the 'page' you want to be linked to - ie your blog's URL.
Linking To BBD
- Links to BBD are mandatory.
- Read this post if you need help linking.
- Text links should read "Big Blog Directory".
- Links must point to http://bigblogdir.blogspot.com
- Links should be in the sidebar, footer, or designated links page - not buried in a post.
- If there is a reason your blog cannot link to BBD let me know. I will make exceptions if needed.
- When you send in your submission tell me where I can find the link.
I had several blogs submitted recently with incorrect links.