Check out the Featured Blog Feeds.

Check out the Submission Guidelines.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Introduction

Welcome to the Big Blog Directory.

I first experimented with a blog directory using Wordpress. I liked being able to categorize each blog using keywords but didn't like other aspects of Wordpress such as dealing with spam.

Blogger is my blog program of choice but it lacked the ability to assign tags or keywords. This could be overcome in part by using Technorati tags but I found this unsatisfactory.

Now that Blogger uses Labels (tags) I can create the blog directory I had envisioned earlier.

I will only add blogs that are being updated and will remove those that fall dormant for more than 60 days.

This is a "work in progress" and some aspects of this project will change over time.

This blog/directory is licensed under Creative Commons.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the content of blogs listed in this directory.