Check out the Featured Blog Feeds.

Check out the Submission Guidelines.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Update: 33 Blogs Listed And Other News

25 Blogs were listed in Big Blog Directory at the end of November 2006. I just listed number 33 and I am waiting for submissions from a few more bloggers.

Only about 1/3 of the listed blogs link back to BBD. I made reciprocal links optional and I still think that was a good idea because it made it easier to join BBD. It made it easier for me too because I could list a blog as soon as the information arrived. I didn't have to wait until they added a text link or button. I do find it a little frustrating when I visit a blog and see links to other directories but not this one.

Most of the requests to be listed come from the Bloggers group at Flickr. I respond to these requests when I can and wait for submissions that sometimes don't arrive. I may have to write a 'How To Get Listed' piece for the topic or something similar so people realize that they have to participate in getting their blog listed.

When I blog here I submit the posts to The Canadian Blog Exchange. This has brought some traffic to the site. I don't submit the BBD blog listings themselves. I prefer that visitors come to this blog and look around before searching for blogs.

I will write another post and mention the blogs that were listed since November.