Check out the Featured Blog Feeds.

Check out the Submission Guidelines.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Widget Permalink Hack

After I changed the style of my Labels Widget I didn't want people to look all over the blog trying to find it. I thought permalinks might be a solution but didn't know what to look for. I looked at some blogs using the idea and saw the solution.

Each widget has a unique name and is written as "widget id= [widget name]". Here is the Labels Widget:



The name of the widget in the screenshot is Label1. To link to the widget you need to set up the link like this:

<a href="#[widget name]"></a>

Replace [widget name] with the name of the widget you wish to link to. Use an html/javascript widget to place the link in the sidebar.



You can use this hack for any widget. Check out this blog for more ideas.