Check out the Featured Blog Feeds.

Check out the Submission Guidelines.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blogger: Using A Widget To Create A Clickable Header

I like using graphic headers in some of my blogs. When I upgraded to the new Blogger I found it difficult to reinstall the headers I had used before.

I have been reading various blogs and experimenting in my test blogs. I finally figured out how to change the template code so that I could use a graphic as a clickable header.



I tried it out at my test blog using a header from 2 Lazy 2 Blog.



I liked the hack and was going to use it at '2 Lazy' until I saw this post at Blog U. The idea was a lot simpler than mine and had the potential to be very flexible. The only problem was that the graphic wasn't clickable since it used the 'Picture' widget . I took my html code and put it in a 'HTML/Javascript' widget instead and it worked. Check it out here.



This is a great way to add clickable graphic headers to your blog.