Check out the Featured Blog Feeds.

Check out the Submission Guidelines.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Five New Blogs Listed

Wow! This has been a busy night for me. I just added five new blogs to the directory and I am learning a lot about this project.

I like the # and alphanumeric labels. They bring some order to the directory.

I have already found some differences in labelling. Fore example I now have tech and technology being used. This will add to the labels but allows people the freedom to choose. I would probably not allow 'technologee' or 'xtechnology' (for example) just to make a unique label.

Some of the submissions didn't include a country label. Knowing the total number of listings from each country would be interesting but isn't that important for some blogs. For some blogs location is irrelevant to the topics discussed.

I have found that long multi-word labels sometimes make the post load slowly when I first 'save as draft'. I am not sure why and will note it if it happens again.

I wish there was a way to make all the labels lowercase or uppercase or initial-letter capitalized. I started to only use small letters but when I copy-pasted some labels capitals showed up. This is more of a cosmetic issue and a minor one but it would be a fice feature.

I may have to reword or clarify my 'Submit Your Blog' post and ask people to say whether they want a basic listing or a paragraph-style listing. The iDea Labs listing could be of the latter sort.

Here are the latest blogs added to the directory:

Big Blue Wave

iDea Labs

Shutter View

T3G:2

The View From Yokkaichi




Well, this has been fun even though I had trouble with this blog's email account today. I got that fixed and added a whole bunch of new blogs. I would like to thank everyone for participating and giving me feedback. I have thought about this project for a long time and it is nice to see it starting to happen. Please check your listings and let me know how it looks.

Thanks, Leon